728x90

Monday, May 24, 2010

I was always sick, my life's a hospital.

I caught the end of the episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashians that Kourtney gives birth in the other day. I don't watch that show generally, but I think The Soup or something was on right after? No really, I don't watch it!

Anyhoozle, there was this part where Kim was hiding in the bathroom because they wouldn't let more than 2 people in the room during the birth? And all I could think was "let? really?" because you better believe when I give birth I will have WHOEVER I WANT IN THE ROOM. And then I realized, that is why home birth or specialized birthing centers are a better option, and why having a good midwife and birth doula are also important. I get it, the doctor doing the delivery didn't want too much going on in the room, but I feel like if a mother to be wants all of her sisters in the room with her then she should be able to be the one to decide.

Also, breast feeding, people. Why are there still people not doing this? Don't they know it is important in so many ways? And that there are organizations to help you with it if you are having trouble? Don't even get me started.

No comments:

Post a Comment